In some cases, Slido may send a PIN code to your email address to validate your access. Please ensure that you check your spam folder if you are instructed to enter a PIN.
This fast-paced conference focuses on Business Transformation and how businesses can continue to succeed even when confronted with the socio-economic threats, changes and opportunities that arose in the past year. In the morning plenary session, attendees will receive impactful technical, and commercial insights from high profile speakers. The afternoon sessions, which are powered by the District Societies, will enable you to choose from topics specific to your own requirements.
All afternoon sessions will be recorded and made available to participants proceeding the live sessions to watch at your own leisure. This conference is suitable for accountants, and other business professionals, at all levels and from all sectors, given the scope and fast-moving pace of the sessions.
Afternoon Sessions (2pm – 4pm):
- Opening Address (Sinead Donovan, Vice President of Chartered Accountants Ireland).
- A Communication Blueprint for Returning to Work: How leaders can engage employees during a return to work (Una McSorley, Founder and Director of Marcomm Limited):
Across the world coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown measures are easing – and for many businesses and organisations the focus now is developing strategies on how employees can return to work safely. In a time of great change, clear communications are critical, bringing much needed clarity. Communication is one of the most important aspects of a return-to-work strategy to maximise engagement through this period of change. The session is full of practical hints, tips and advice to help you shape your communications.
- Restructuring and pivoting a business during a pandemic (John O’Neill, CEO of Oshi Software Limited)
John’s session will draw on his experience and offer practical advice and guidance in surviving and thriving in periods of extreme uncertainty and change. Based on actual experience of navigating a live entertainment company through Covid, John will be discussing his company’s journey over the last 18 months, the challenges that the company has faced, how they have overcome some of those challenges, the future for the industry in general and the many learnings made along the way.
- Business Transformation (Minister of State, Sean Fleming TD).
- Now is the Age of Creative Accountants (Anders Liu-Lindberg, Business Partnering Institute): In a fast-paced world where automation is taking over transactional work it is time for accountants to re-invent themselves. Creativity, problem-solving, and customer centricity are just a few of the new words accountants need to add to their vocabulary. In this session, we will give some practical tips to how accountants can successfully re-invent themselves.
- Interview with Ken Murphy, Chief Executive of Tesco.
- Closing remarks and comments (Cróna Clohisey, Public Policy Leader in Chartered Accountants Ireland)
Sinead Donovan (Vice President of Chartered Accountants Ireland) – Opening address speaker
- Vice President of Chartered Accountants Ireland, Chair of CA SUPPORT and a former President of ATI.
- Partner in Grant Thornton’s Financial Accounting and Advisory Services team with specific expertise in coordinating international teams.
Minister Sean Fleming TD (Minister of State in the Department of Finance)
- Former Chairperson of the Dáil Public Accounts Committee.
- Former Chairperson of the Oireachtas Finance Committee and previous Chairperson of the Oireachtas Finance Committee.
- Fianna Fáil Spokesperson on Public Expenditure & Reform from 2011 to 2016
Una Mc Sorley (Founder and Director Marcomm Limited)
- Recognised as one of Northern Ireland’s leading communication trainers, coach and public relations advisor.
- Founder and Director of Marcomm Limited.
- Awarded a Fellowship with the CIPR for her outstanding contribution to CIPR and the public relations industry.
Ken Murphy (CEO of Tesco PLC)
- Joined the Board of Tesco PLC in 2020, following 20 years in a number of senior management roles across the business.
- Ken has experience in global product brand management, brand development, sales and marketing, sourcing manufacturing and distribution.
John O’Neill (Founder and CEO of Tickets.ie/Oshi Software Limited)
- Founder and CEO of Tickets.ie/Oshi Limited, which specialises in the development of innovative and highly scalable ticketing software solutions.
- Internationally recognised expert in ticketing technology and optimisation systems.
- Technical adviser to and number of start-ups in Fintech, live streaming and ecommerce.
Anders Liu-Lindberg (Co-founder, COO and CMO of the Business Partnering Institute)
- Co-founder, COO, and CMO at the Business Partnering Institute and owner of the largest group dedicated to Finance Business Partnering on LinkedIn.
- Ten years experience as a business partner at Maersk, a transport and logistic company.
- Co-author of the book “Create value as a Finance Business Partner”.
Cróna Clohisey (Public Policy Leader in Chartered Accountants Ireland)
- Public Policy Leader in Chartered Accountants Ireland and is a Chartered Accountant and Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute.
- Over ten years experience working in KPMG, Grant Thornton and the Revenue Commissioners.
- Authored and contributed to several of the Institute’s policy publications including in the areas of sustainability and Brexit.